Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Just an "Average" Day

I don’t know who exactly reads this... if anyone actually does. Right now blogging has become this activity that makes me look at life in a different, hilarious way. My thoughts during the day have become things like: “Huh. The Great Hall smells kind of funny,” which progresses to “Why do my clothes still smell like the Great Hall 20 minutes later?” which then evolves into, “When someone comes out of the Great Hall, it is like unto a fly trying to break free from the putrid spit of its potential predator – the slimy stench of the spit never really rubs off... I should put that in my blog.” You’ve got to admit: When life seems pretty boring, just throw in the words “slimy stench.” Works every time.
Along those lines, here are some things I’ve learned recently (maybe over-dramatized, maybe not...):

  • According to my sociology teacher, the phrase, “Now but not yet,” can apply to your somewhat independent status as a young adult trying to live in your parent’s house after being away at college for a couple of years.
  • High school students have very interesting voicemails. Calling potential students I have come across some real gems: A girl’s answering machine that sounded like Taz the Tasmanian devil and then went to the beep; one that played “Three Wooden Crosses” by Randy Travis; one that was a girl laughing and then the beep; and then the best one – “Alcohol” by Brad Paisley. I can’t decide if that breaks Covenant’s student contract or not...
  • I cannot take the phrase, “Hedge of protection” seriously anymore after watching Tim Hawkins. If you’re curious about this one, just look it up on YouTube.

That’s about all I’ve got for now. Life has been pretty normal... or has it?

No comments:

Post a Comment