Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Airports

In the confusion with my flight back to school, I got moved to a Delta flight. I usually do not fly Delta, simply because US Airways usually goes through Charlotte, and Mom likes the Charlotte airport over the Atlanta airport (which is the one that Delta primarily flies through). Anyway. Long story short, I ended up on a Delta flight, which opened up a host of interesting new things.

For example, Delta has their “Breezeway” and their “General Boarding” sections when you walk up to present your boarding pass. They are divided by a rope, and make up two lines. The only difference between the two sections is that one has a clean blue carpet on it that says “Breezeway” and one does not. This carpeted section is for gold and silver members and other such first class passengers. Frankly, I’m not paying extra just so I can have a little extra cushion under my tootsies as I walk up to present my boarding pass. Not worth it. The person who thought this up in marketing needs to rethink this one, because I’m not being fooled.

Thankfully, they still offer complementary pretzels, peanuts, and even cookies if you so desire. Points earned in my book.

I can’t get on the Atlanta internet. LAME.

The Atlanta airport is huge. You know it’s bad when you’re still walking and it seems as if you haven’t moved in the past 5 minutes.

Speaking of which, this girl just walked past me at a really brisk pace – definitely on par with power walking. She was also carrying a large bottle of water. Maybe trying to incorporate her workout into her spare time? Might as well exercise in the airport.

2 comments:

  1. Oooooeeee ... I had a Delta flight this past summer. Logan was fog-bound, flight canceled, put on another flight going to NY instead of Cloumbus, connecting flight departed without the 15 of us put on it. Delta ended up paying for us to stay in a hotel to catch a flight the next morning for which flight they did not book us. Needless to say, I will try to book with a different airline next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, ATL's internet is lame. Had you never been there before? I guess if you're not used to it, that airport is pretty big. Please tell me that you rode a train to your concourse...the train is so fun!

    ReplyDelete