Friday, June 18, 2010

Now I Can Do Everything Except Rent a Car

Drumroll please... I am officially 21. Yes it may be shocking, but the small blonde girl who looks as if she is sixteen is actually old enough to consume alcohol.

At the beginning of the week I went out with my boyfriend to an Italian restaurant where we ordered ravioli and some chardonnay. The waitress must have peered intently at our licenses for a good five minutes. It's understandable - both of us do appear to be just above driving age. Still, she kept turning them over, making sure that the special hologram was in its place and the "Under 21 until..." date was accurate. Then she said, "Yeah, when I went out for my 21st, all I was drinkin' was cheap booze." This of course instantly made me feel bad about drinking the chardonnay, but it was a special occasion, and as we all know, the "special occasion" card may be used to get out of feeling bad for most things.

The best part about this excursion was that we used some of my boyfriend's mom's gift certificates. She is a teacher, and receives the many gift cards and presents from her students every Christmas and end of the year. Needless to say, the little third graders unwittingly paid for my first glass of alcohol.

1 comment:

  1. Lianne, I want to have alcohol with you, that would be fun.

    ReplyDelete